Saturday, 15 June 2013

Cheese, Chilli & Chorizo Quesadillas


Quesadillas are fast becoming one of my favourite lazy "treat" teas. So quick and easy to throw together and incredibly tasty too. I normally stick to my tried and tested spicy cheese variety but this week I played around a bit and threw in a few different ingredients.

The combination worked really well and I think I prefer them to the original ones I made, they were really very tasty!  The recipe is meant to serve four but in reality it serves two piggies!

Cheese, Chilli & Chorizo Quesadillas

Ingredients

pack of 8 tortillas
tub of salsa 
200g grated mature cheddar
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 pack of sliced chorizo

Method

Take a tortilla and spread a good spoonful  of salsa over it before covering with a handful of the grated cheddar. Sprinkle over some of the finely chopped red chilli and top with a couple of slices of sliced chorizo.  Put another tortilla on the top and your quesadilla is ready to cook.

Pop your quesadilla into a dry non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for about a minute and a half before carefully turning over to cook for a further minute and a half. You want the outside to be slightly crispy and your cheese to be all melted and gooey so you may need to make a judgement call on this - but go easy as if the pan is very hot, the tortillas will brown very easily.

When cooked, cut the quesadillas into quarters and serve with guacamole and soured cream.

I've said to use sliced chorizo as it's nice and thin, the diced chunks you can get wouldn't really work so well in these quesadillas.

I've been asked before about how to keep quesadillas from falling apart in the pan, especially when turning them over. There isn't really any secret to it, but I just make sure I have oodles of cheese in them to help the two tortillas to stick together and press them down lightly when they are cooking to help them bind a bit better.


3 comments:

  1. sustainablemum15 June 2013 23:48

    I usually cook one tortilla on its own in the pan, take it out and out the other one in and sprinkle on the topping and place the cooked one over the top to aid the melting, saves you having to flip it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think is, was yesterday really that bad that I would have missed this great day with him?

    Ms Joiner's less than ceremonious departure from the dexter mo burger king Empire Tribune regarding the $60 Million Bond issue that the administration and select board members tried to push through with little or no discussion. Escalona pleaded guilty in October to murder and was sentenced Tuesday over the death of the boy who called her" Grandma Shirley.

    My homepage - zachariah hedrick (http://infogr.am/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks divine! I love a quesadilla but have never thought to use chorizo. yum.
    www.thesublimetimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!