Right so far in my Christmas Gift Guides, I've covered food & drinks gifts, gifts for children and gifts for ladies. The next one I've found to be the trickiest one to put together - gifts for men. They're tricky creatures aren't they men? I find them near impossible to buy for - Mr M nearly always wants power towels. Hopefully you'll find some inspiration here!
1. If you've got a Star Wars fan in the house, and lets face it, most men are fans aren't they? Then this Fleece Jedi Bathrobe from Find Me A Gift could be the perfect gift. It's priced at £29.99 and there are also Darth Maul, R2D2, Storm Trooper, Princess Leia and Boba Fett versions available as well as children's bathrobes that include Yoda! May the force be with you.
2. I've never really thought of TM Lewin as somewhere I would shop for Christmas presents but they recently sent me some mens cufflinks and I have no idea why I didn't think of it before! They have an absolutely stonking range of cufflinks to suit all manner of tastes and hobbies. I chose the two pairs below because they're perfect for Mr M. They have a swivel fitting and are hand-polished and come in a lovely gift box. Prices vary but they've got some good offers at the moment so if you're stuck for a gift idea for a man this Christmas, have a look at what they've got on on offer.
3. For the man in your life who likes to do DIY and knows his way around the kitchen how about a drill that does both? The Bosch IXO Gourmet 3.6 volt cordless screwdriver is available online at John Lewis and whilst it comes with 10 screwdriver bits it also comes with a corkscrew attachment for handling stubborn bottles and a spice mill for adding fine-ground flavour to your meals. It's priced at £59.99 and comes with a 2 year guarantee.
4. If you're looking for some different ideas for gifts for him, how about an exciting experience day? The Airkix Indoor Skydiving package available at Buyagift looks great fun and is reasonably priced at £49 on a 2 for 1 offer! The wind tunnels are normally used to test the aerodynamics of F1 racing cars but you get to use the Airkix tunnel to defy gravity and experience the feeling of free-falling 12,000ft all indoors!
5. Something I've considered buying for Mr M in the past is the Apple TV, perfect for any gadget lover. HD entertainment on demand and the ability to wirelessly play videos like YouTube and Netflix, as well as enjoying your music and view photos on your widescreen tv directly from your iOS device - sounds great doesn't it? Most men I know would love one of these. Available from the Apple Store for £99.
6. Most men I know are Bond fans and these fab 22-film Blu-ray set even has a spare sleeve for Skyfall. Now that's forward-thinking! Available for £75 at Amazon, it's not cheap but if you've got a true Bond aficionado in the house then it could be the ideal gift. (It's also available on DVD and the cheaper price of £48.99.
7. A good gift idea is a little tipple of something, providing they drink alcohol of course! I like little gift sets like these four mini bottles of Whisky from Marks and Spencers. Priced at £14.00, the set includes two Scottish whiskies and two Irish ones.
8. Sticking with the slightly alcoholic theme, I love these beer and curry sets from John Lewis priced at £15.00. If you have someone who loves to cook curry then this would be a great gift. It comes complete with a light beer, basmati rice, Indian spiced marinade and poppadom chutney.
9. If you're feel extravagant and your man is a coffee lover, you could splurge on the new Starbucks Verismo coffee machine. Pricey at £349.00 the Verismo allows you to make your favourite Starbucks drinks at the touch of a button using specially packaged pods to recreate the recipes used in the coffeehouses. Available at Selfridges.
10. You can't go wrong with Paul Smith's classic style and I love these scarves in the signature Paul Smith stripes. There are a variety available online at Paul Smith, including the one below which is priced at £95.00.
I hope I have provided some inspiration. Even if you can't stretch to a Starbucks coffee machine you could put together a coffee-lovers pack and I'm sure there are some great imitation scarves available out there too!
Let me know what you are buying for the man/men in your life!
Disclaimer: I have not been paid to promote the products featured in my Christmas gift guide. I may have undertaken product reviews of some of those featured in the blog posts and this will be mentioned where it is relevant. Many of the products I have featured in the gift guide series are there purely because I like them! I always try to be upfront and honest - if you have any questions, please get in touch via email.