Monday, 29 October 2012

The Vax Air3


Being part of the Vax Voice panel means that occasionally they send me a new product to review and test out. The most recent product that I was sent was their new product - the Air3 which is the lightest, full-sized, multi-cyclonic upright vacuum cleaner in the world.  With claims like that I had to try it out. I'm going to apologise now for the lack of photography within this blog post and review, however it's pretty hard to take photos of yourself hoovering (and lets be honest, a little bit weird...).

The Air3 has a full size 2.0 litre dust container despite it's slimline appearance and come complete with a 2-in-1 crevice/dusting tool as well as an upholstery brush. It also comes with an incredible 6 year manufacturers guarantee which does give you some peace of mind when buying a product.

One of the biggest selling points of the Air3 is it's manoeuvrability - and in this case, it does what it says on the tin. The Air3 is incredibly lightweight and with it's twin-axis articulation it makes incredibly light work of getting in and out of corners and under the furniture. It feels less clumsy than other vacuum's I have used and certainly feels like less effort is required, which is never a bad thing!


I also found it okay for hoovering the stairs.  I have light coloured carpets (I know, great idea...) and every little bit of fluff shows up on them - I curse black socks, which means I have to hoover almost daily, including the stairs. I normally leave the hoover at the bottom of the stairs and work my way up using the hose until I get to the top however, whilst the Air3's hose is just about long enough to reach, it could definitely do with being a smidgen longer. I  did however found that I could manage quite well by carrying the hoover upstairs with me as I went. Not ideal, but because it's so lightweight it was easy to do so.

I already have two vacuum hoovers so whilst I love the Air3 I've actually donated it to my mother-in-law who is getting older now and is starting to find things like hoovering a bit harder these days. She has several pets though so it's a necessity. The Air3 is ideal for her as she lives all on one floor and can move the vacuum around effortlessly and with it's powerful suction, it doesn't take long to get the job done at all!  I think the Air3 would be the perfect product for anyone with a bad back, arthritis or slight mobility problems as it's so lightweight and easy to manoeurvre.

The Air3 is available to buy from www.vax.co.uk and is priced from £249.99 for the basic model. There are also Pet, Reach, Total Home and Max variants available.

With thanks to Vax for providing this product to review.

1 comment:

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!