Monday, 15 October 2012

Review: The Vampire Diaries - Season 1


When Warner Bros asked me if I'd like to receive a copy of the first season of The Vampire Diaries to review, I thought why not. As you might well know from this here blog, I am partial to a vampire story or two and The Vampire Diaries completely passed me by, even though I was aware of it. I tend to be a boxset kind of girl as I always miss episodes on telly and fall out with shows so I prefer to get the whole season in one go and watch it that way.

The Vampire Diaries is based on the best-selling books of the same name and follows the story of Elena Gilbert. 


I very nearly dismissed The Vampire Diaries as being a bit of a Twilight rip-off however it's not really. There is something about the story and the characters that hook you in and I enjoyed it from the first episode (which is quite rare, normally it takes me a couple of episodes to make my mind up).  The characters are well-plotted, not one-dimensional, and they are very likeable. Another good point for me is that the acting is very good. Quite often in these shows the acting can be a bit on the dismal side but I thought on the whole all the leads pulled it off. Especially Ian Somerhalder.  


He's a bit tasty and worth watching for him alone. I can now see why people were saying he should be Christian Grey when they make a 50 Shades film... Ahem. Anyway, I'm getting distracted...

I enjoyed the storyline and thought that the show got better and better as it went through the season. I've heard a rumour that season 2 is even better so I guess I'll be putting that on my Christmas list!

If you like all things vampires, you're going to like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!