Tuesday, 4 September 2012

We gotta go back, back, back to school again...



You all remember that song right? Me and my friends used to sing it every September when we were at secondary school. Clearly we were cool kids.   My own children haven't yet discovered the joy that is Grease yet, let alone Grease 2 (neither of them seem very child-appropriate, what were my parents thinking?!) so I tend to sing this on my own every September now.

Have your children gone back to school now? Mine finally went today, laden with school bags, PE kits, swim kits and lunch bags. We've hardly been around this summer and I've not heard the words "I'm bored" once, however I won't lie, I'm quite glad to be having some time to myself again, even if I did spend it working today!

I used to love returning to school in September. My birthday is at the end of August and normally I got some money or a gift voucher that would always be spent on a new pencil case and things to go in it.  My children haven't quite reached the age where they need to take pencil cases into school yet but I hope that one day they'll get the same excitement I did. As a confirmed stationery geek - I can't wait to take them shopping for their "back to school" kit one day.

A surprise parcel arrived a few weeks ago from Wilkinson, that took me right back to my childhood.


They sent me a pencil case and some bits of stationery. Wilkinson does a great range of fashion stationery in their stores and the best thing it is amazing value too. I've always been a fan of their pretty and trendy designs and normally buy something from their stationery ranges for my tweenage niece for Christmas as little stocking fillers.  You can pick up things like little notebooks for just over a £1 as well as pretty pens, ruler sets, stickers, bookmarks all at great prices.  I'm quite fortunate to work next to a large Wilkinson but also have a brand new one in a town nearby so I am a frequent visitor - it's filled the whole Woolworths left in my life!  Especially when it comes to party stuff.


I was also sent a sample of their party ranges but they needn't have bothered, as it's already my first port of call. With a three-form entry at our school and two school age children, we go to a lot of parties! The wrapping paper and greetings cards at Wilkinsons are bargainous and I tend to always buy my party tableware from the shop. You can buy things like 8 gorgeous butterfly cups for £1 and packs of 4 bubble pots for 99p which I think is really great value. 

I have to be honest, whilst I look forward to the return of school and all the exciting things that come with it, the parties are one thing I am not looking forward to but keeping a supply of wrapping paper, cards and presents in my present cupboard makes things a lot easier!

One of the other things I was sent with regard to going back to school was a sample of Stabilo pens.


Now. I'm not even going to pretend that these pens made it to my children, they're way to good for them, but if they're lucky I may let them borrow them.  I was sent;

  • Woody 3 in 1
  • Cappi pens
  • Stabilo Trio 2 in 1
  • Stabilo Boss Mini Ocean Friends highlighter

The Woody 3 in 1 is a chunky pencil that is a pencil, watercolour and wax crayon all in one and is obviously great for kids. Okay, I'll let them use that one. They are £8.00 for a pack of 6.

The Cappi pens are my personal favourite. I'm guilty of using colouring pens to do a lot of writing with and these feel lovely. They're aimed at children obviously and come with a ring to tether them altogher which I think makes them perfect for taking on-the-go, I'd probably buy these to keep in our campervan for trips away. Other good points are that they have a flattened edge so they don't roll off the table, are washable and the cap can be left off for up to 24 hours before they start drying out! These are £6.50 for a pack of 12.

The Trio 2 in 1 is a pen that you can use for both colouring and writing as they have two different nibs, again, they write beautifully. They are £6.80 for a pack of 10 and come in a beautiful array of colours.

And finally the Stabilo Boss Mini Ocean Friends highlighter is a tiny version of the mega-popular Stabilo Boss highlighter range that surely must be on every desk in the universe! You can never have too many highlighters.

I surely can't be that only one that gets excited when the postman brings her new pens? The way to my heart is definitely through stationery. Or red wine.

I hope that whenever your children are returning to school they are excited about it and settle in well!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Grease 2!!!! And yes, WHY was I allowed to watch it as a child... and merrily sing "Reproduction" with my similar aged cousin?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stationary!! I love nothing better than a wander around staples or smiths!!! Work very close to a Willinsons too so will have to go & check out their bits! I have 2 boys though & they don't quite share thier mothers love of all the little notebooks & pretty pens!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!