Monday, 13 August 2012

Meal Planning Monday (12th August 2012)

Helllloooo! How goes it meal planners? 

Are we all terribly sad now that the Olympics are over? I know I am, I feel bereft. Saturday night was one of the most stressful evenings of my life and I was so pleased that Tom Daley got a bronze medal. Wow, it was intense!

I haven't caught up with last week's meal plans yet as I was in Tenerife last week. We had a lovely holiday, it was scorching hot and I definitely overate! I have to say though, it may be 5* luxury and the food was pretty darned good (champagne and caviar for breakfast anyone?) I am glad to be home as it did get a bit repetitive after a while and it's nice just to eat proper sausages for breakfast again and have milk on my cereal instead of yoghurt . Dreadful aren't I and so English.

Yes, this means I am meal planning again for the first time in weeks and it feels good (although with the Olympic closing ceremony last night it almost didn't happen, and then there was the unfortunate Tweet with the Military Wives Choir). Here is how it is shaping up.

Chicken kiev, chips and peas (yum)
Jamie Oliver's Steak Sarnies (with crispy new potatoes, cheesy mushrooms & beetroot salad)
Garbage frittata (probably with leftovers from the steak sarnie extravaganza)
Pizza (of some description...not sure yet!)
Jamie Oliver's Chicken fajitas

The steak sarnies are inspired by Not So Super Scottish Mummy, so thanks for sharing!

Go me! Quite an easy week though. At the weekend I am being a festival chick at V so that'll be a hotdog then...and on Sunday I'm going to Lollibop so more mobile food!

What have you all got planned? I look forward to hearing! Leave your blog post on the linky below.







8 comments:

  1. Love the name and idea of "garbage frittata"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to Lollibop Sunday too :)
    A lovely variety of meals! I'm keen to try the steak burger after reading about it too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name too 'Garbage frittata' I expect it yummy too :-) sounds like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The steak sarnies are fab, we make it with grilled chicken too - So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I linked up not because I have planned any meals, but because you inspire me to start doing so! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time at V, say hi to the Stone Roses for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of the garbage fritatta, that is a bit what mine is like, filled with all the left overs! Yum yum! Enjoy your festival weekend! Very jealous I went to V a few years back and LOVED every second! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drooling at the thought of the Jamie Oliver steak sarnies! *wipes slobbery chops*

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!