Thursday, 5 July 2012

The Fujitsu's ScanSnap Challenge - Week 2


Following on from last week's blog post and my challenge for week 1 which was to scan in a picture my daughter had drawn, (it was a rather questionable Flounder if you're interested...) I am back with the second challenge.


Week 2: At home with a ScanSnap

Upload a couple of some old, memorable photographs and assess the quality or clarity of the scan as well as the overall benefits of having a ScanSnap at home.



Now I was off to a running start with this challenge having already set up the scanner last week so all I had to do was go and dig out some old photos. A few years ago I spent a good couple of days of my life scanning in lots of photos with the aid of my trusty flatbed scanner so handily all our old photos were tidied away neatly in the loft. I have to be honest, I thought that was going to be the most difficult part of the challenge!  I chose a couple of photos and set to work scanning. For some reason I was a bit nervous about running a photo through the scanner - I had visions of it getting stuck but all was well and it was as quick and easy as doing it with paper last week.  Here are the results.


This is Mr M's granddad working the fields. He was a farmer but sadly Mr M never met him as his life was cut short when he was in his 50's, due to a farming accident. 


A family wedding on Mr M's side. I love this photo for the outfits and the flowers. Always makes me wonder what their lives were like and if they had a right royal knees-up after this photo was taken.


I've no idea who all these people are but I think it was a pantomime. Well at least I am hoping it was a pantomime or else the bride was rather manly.


As you can see, the quality of the scanned pictures is really good, especially as it took a couple of seconds to scan each photo.  They are as clear as the photos themselves and haven't lost anything during the scanning process.  And look! I accidentally discovered another feature that I wasn't aware of...


The back of the panto photo

Double-sided scanning! It actually scans both sides of the photo at the same time. I've got to tell you, I know I am easily pleased but that really impressed me! Must pay more attention because I totally didn't realise it could do that.

I think having a scanner like this at home is rather handy, especially as it's a nice compact size and because it's so quick and easy to use. I actually scanned a few extra pictures in last night and uploaded them to Facebook to embarrass a few friends - it's definitely great to have one at home for that reason alone!  I've also scanned in a few bits and pieces the children have brought home from school and emailed them to my mother to see, another great use for it.

Next week will be my final challenge, so don't forget to check back!


16 comments:

  1. Great post I must say.. Simple but yet entertaining and engaging.. Keep up the good work!


    english country cottages uk
    cottage rental uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll right away grab your rss as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me understand in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

    Also visit my webpage - http://greencoffeediet.tripod.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

    Here is my webpage moringa uses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this paragraph fully on the topic of the difference of
    most recent and preceding technologies, it's amazing article.

    my web page :: teeth whitening

    ReplyDelete
  5. Link exchange is nothing else except it is simply placing the other person's blog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same in support of you.

    Feel free to surf to my website: work office

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome designed for me to have a site, which is helpful for my knowledge. thanks admin

    Also visit my site; australiagarciaguarantee.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be finish of mine day, except before ending I am reading this great article to increase my experience.

    Here is my blog :: coffee bean extract

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account
    it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?



    Also visit my web blog - zoom teeth whitening

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.



    Feel free to visit my web page - igf1 l3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading a post that can make men and women think. Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!


    Feel free to surf to my blog garcinia plus

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ӏ hаvе read so many content about the blоggeг lovers but thіs ροѕt is actuаlly a good рiеce οf writing, keep
    it up.

    Lοok at my blοg post :: dr oz green coffee bean extract

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up, I log on to your new stuff daily. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!



    Feel free to surf to my website raspberry ketone max

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful site. Plenty of helpful information here.
    I'm sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!

    Also visit my weblog :: pure green coffee bean extract 800

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there, juѕt beсame awaге
    оf уouг blog thгough Googlе, аnd
    founԁ that it's really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll аpрreсiate if you
    cοntіnue thiѕ in future.
    Manу pеоplе ωill be benefited from уοur writing.
    Сheeгs!

    Here is my web-sitе ... raspberry ketones results

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heya і'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoріng to givе οne thing again
    and aiԁ οtherѕ such аѕ you helped me.


    Feel frеe to ѕurf to my website :: green coffee bean extract

    ReplyDelete
  16. The majority of spoken about Game is finally here and staying loved by millions of game enthusiasts.
    The six-kilometer walk to the village and back was filled
    with clacking bamboo groves, large feathery ferns, and pungent odors of the jungle hanging here
    and there. He was so lean & fit which had transformed
    his appearance drastically including his now chiseled face.


    my blog :: jungle heat cheats android free

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!