The national newspapers have today published an article about a survey of 2,000 people revealing the 50 things that show you are a fully-fledged adult. As most of the of the time I don't feel anywhere near being grown-up, despite being 32, I thought I'd have a look at the list and see which ones I can tick off.
1. Having a mortgage - yes, done and paid
2. Mum and dad no longer make your financial decisions - yes, haven't done since I was 16
3. Paying into a pension - yes, but minimal
4.Conducting a weekly food shop - yes, of course
5. Written a Will - yes
6. Having children - my stretch-marks confirm, yes
7.Budgeting every month - big fat NO, never have done
8. Being able to cook an evening meal from scratch - yes (just the one?!)
9. Getting married - yes
10. Having life insurance - erm, I'm not entirely sure, I think through work
11. Recycling - yes
12.Having a savings account - yes
13.Knowing what terms like 'ISA' and 'tracker' mean - yes
14.Watching the news - yes
15. Owning a lawn mower - yes, several, including a sit-on
16. Doing your own washing - unfortunately, yes
17. Taking trips to the local tip - yes, but not if I can help it
18. Planting flowers - yes
19. Being able to bleed a radiator - no, that's why I did number 9
20. Having a joint bank account - yes
21. Having a view on politics - yes, doesn't everyone?
22. Keeping track of interest rates - yes, when I remember
23. Finding a messy house annoying - yes, but I'm fighting a losing battle
24. Being able to change a light bulb - please refer to answer number 19
25. Owning a vacuum cleaner - yes, and upstairs one AND a downstairs one
26.Holding dinner parties - only for 5 year olds
27. Listening to Radio 2 - guilty as charged
28. Enjoying gardening - yes, well it's a love/hate kind of thing
29. Spending weekend just 'pottering' - yes, yes and again YES
30. Mum starts asking you for advice - erm yes
31. Carrying spare shopping bags just in case - I may do, so what of it?
32 .Like going round garden centres - yes (crap I really am old!)
33. Wearing coats on a night out - yes, see answer above
34. Going to bed before 11pm - rarely
35. Making sure mum and dad are phoned at least once a week - does a text message count
36. Classing work as a career rather than a job - not since having children
37. Repairing torn clothing rather than throwing it away - never!
38. You iron - not if it can be avoided, but generally, yes
39. You wash up immediately after eating - yes, well the dishwasher does
40. Enjoy cooking - that goes without saying
41.Buying a Sunday paper - I used to, but now have a little thing called the internet
42. Always going out with a sensible pair of shoes - I may have started to
43. You like receiving gift vouchers - always!
44. Work keeps you awake at night - occasionally
45.Filing post - yes, once a year when tax season comes around
46.Having a 'best' crockery set - yes, the wedding china, naturally
47.Being able to change a car tyre - no, I have RAC cover
48.Being sensible enough to remove make up off before bedtime - no, I don't think I ever have
49.Being able to follow a receipt - yes, is that meant to be tricky?
50.Owning 'best towels' as well as 'everyday towels' - yes, just slap me on the arse and call me Monica.