Today I am sharing a guest post with you from Jen who not content with already being a super-successful blogger at The Mad House and a Thrifty Mum, has set out on a new venture with a couple of other top bloggers (Cass from The Diary of a Frugal Family and Becky from Baby Budgeting) to create Frugal and Fun.
The new website will bring you a host of ideas and resources to help you make living on a budget fun for all the family so do check it out. Today Jen is showing us how to make these fab shortbread star wands - something I'll definitely be having a go at myself!
- 275g plain flour
- 200g cold butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- lolly sticks
- egg white
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- In a bowl, add the butter and flour and mix to a breadcrumb consistency.
- Stir in the egg yolks and icing sugar until it forms a dough.
- Roll out on to a floured board.
- Cut in to shapes - we used stars, my tip would be to make the shortbread about 7mm thick.
- Push the lolly sticks in to the shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Beat the egg white lightly.
- Brush the hot cooked shortbreads with egg white and sprinkle with decorations.
- Leave to cool and then enjoy!
It begins with a week of preparation activities to help you get ready for the weeks ahead. The e-book will contain a recipe, an indoor activity and an outdoor activity each day within themed weeks. These activities are suitable for 3-10 years olds.
- The Olympics
- The Great Outdoors
- Around the World
- Heroes and Heroines
- Home Sweet Home
The e-book sounds fab doesn't it? Thanks Jen for this great activity idea!