Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Product Review: Hexbug Nano Spiral Starter Set

If you don't know what a Hexbug is let me tell you that they are a battery-operated micro robotic creature. There is a few different types of Hexbug and what I am specifically talking about here is the Hexbug Nano. The Nano behaves like a real bug, it can flip itself over and back again.  Apparently if you have a few of them together they'll interact with each other! There are lots of different colours available, some rarer than others, which make them a collectible toy.  My 4 year old son has been eyeing up these Hexbugs for some time so when I was asked by www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk whether I would live to review a Hexbug set how could I say no?

Along with the actual little bugs there is a range of sets which enhance the Hexbug experience. I was sent the Spiral Starter Set which once assembled looks a bit like this;



The Spiral Starter kit comes complete with one rare Hexbug Nano to start you off and helps you create your own world for your Hexbug. You can use the pieces in the kit to build it in different ways or change the path and I was pleased to discover that you can connect the Spiral Starter kit to any of the other kits that are available to make one giant bug habitat - hours of fun!  The kit which comprises of about 25 pieces was quick and easy to put together and is not as big (thankfully!) as it looks on the picture as those critters are only small!

As I could have predicted, my son loved this as it was great fun. He loves the way they scuttle around the floor but I have to admit to being very keen on the kits because I can see how these would easily scurry underneath the fridge if you're not careful and I think the habitats help to contain them!  The only problem I've got is that now he wants MORE Nano bugs and I do think that having more than one bug would definitely add to the fun in a big way. I guess he'll just have to wait and see what Father Christmas delivers...

The Spiral Starter Set is available from Find Me A Gift at is priced at £20.99.

love & kisses
Mrs M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!