Sunday, 25 September 2011

Movie Magic

I'm a bit bored this evening waiting for Mr M to get home from Ibiza so indulge me. Please.

One thing I love is a good film. I've been to the cinema tons recently, and generally they were all films that made me laugh a lot - Bridesmaids, Horrible Bosses, The Inbetweeners and Crazy Stupid Love were recent watches. (Okay, Crazy Stupid Love also brought a tear to my eye...).

Okay, I know I said a "good" film but I probably have the worst taste in movies ever and I'm about to show you just how bad, but you know, I don't care. I love 'em and that's all that counts! I already admitted my love of rom-coms and weepies, so what else have I got to lose? And because I am a generous kind of girl, I've even included the trailers down there for your viewing pleasure. You can thank me later.

My favourite film of all time is Saturday Night Fever. I think this surprises a lot of people because aside from the shiny disco lights, it's quite a dark and violent film but oh, how I love it.The first dance at my wedding was the BeeGees "More Than a Woman" and my wedding video highlights were set to "How Deep is Your Love". THAT is how much I love this film and it's soundtrack.


Forrest Gump - a flippin' awesome film of epic proportions. I could watch this over and over again although in reality I've probably only seen it about 6-7 times as I don't want to "spoil" it. I cry buckets every time I watch this. Another one with a top soundtrack.


Not the type of film I normally like but man, what a great film. I loved Colin Farrell slightly more after watching this & I bought the DVD for Mr M for Valentines Day. Romantic, huh?


A recent addition to the "Mrs M's Favourite Films of all time" list is Bridesmaids. Way funnier than I thought it was going to be - I laughed from start to finish, so hard I cried in a couple of places. I honestly thought this would be a crap film, but it was so enjoyable and I shall watch it many, many, many times.


Oh which Hugh Grant film to pick. I was going to pick Notting Hill but I had to plump for Love Actually. It's a Christmas tradition in our house and I'm really not sure how many times I've seen it. Funny and heartbreaking at times.


 Mushy mushy. The Notebook is a beautiful film that I didn't watch until a long time after release. It helps that I love Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling rather a lot but I swear if this film doesn't reduce you to a gibbering wreck, you've got a swinging brick in your chest not a heart.


Titanic. My taste in films is just getting worse isn't it? NO. I love this film, I was excited about this when I heard they were making it because I'm something of a Titanic geek, truly. It's been a lifelong obsession so this film was always going to end up on my favourite films list. I actually saw this three times at the cinema. That's about 12 hours sitting in a dark cinema watching this - and you know what? They're rereleasing it next year for 100 years since Titanic & I'll probably go twice.


An oldie but a goodie - Cheaper by the Dozen, the original! Comfier than an old pair of PJs. If you like old films then you'll like this.


That's probably enough right? I did want to include Mean Girls, Little Women (the Elizabeth Taylor version), Stepping Out and Move Over Darling amongst others but I'd be here all night.
Would love to know if you like any of these films and what would be in your top movies of all time list?

love & kisses
Mrs M x

3 comments:

  1. I have a guilty pleasure in Working Girl - released around the time of my first job. All shoulder pads and a great song from Carly Simon - "let the river run" always lifts my spirits !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Forrest Gump, despite loving Tom Hanks. I will have to seek it out soon. I love The Notebook and Titanic, anything that makes me cry!

    Really hate Love Actually but I still end up watching it when it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love movies and you've got some of my faves there :)

    I saw Forest Gump at the cinema when I went to America for a month. I fell in love with it and have lost count how many times I've seen it.

    Titanic is another favourite. Makes me cry everytime.

    I haven't seen The Notebook. Will have to recitfy that very soon!

    I want to do a list now of my favourite movies!
    Maybe you should do a linky so we can come and share them with you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!