Monday, 2 August 2010

30 Days/30 Things - Day 04


"Your Favourite Book"

I found this one quite an easy one to answer, or rather I answered it immediately in my head and then went back and pondered over it. I love, love, love the Twilight Saga books, Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite classics and The Magic Faraway Tree is amazing, but would they be my acutal favourite? Nope. My favourite book is The Time Traveler's Wife.


I first read it in 2007 I think and I've read it again since. It's a book that made me smile, laugh and cry and kept me turning the pages avidly until the very end. I think this book is a bit marmite - I know lots of people who think it's a load of old tosh but I don't care, I loved it. I wasn't so enamoured with the film, I mean I did like it and it was a great film with a great cast but it was different to the book in many ways and therefore I see the two as totally separate things. So, come on, what's your favourite book?

love & kisses
Mrs M x

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Time Traveller,s Wife too.

    I recently reread "To Kill A Mockingbird" and it has raced back up to the top of my list (alot of movement on my favourite book list though!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite book is I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. Such a sweet, dreamy, romantic tale and it always makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I've ever read To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm having some sort of school flashback though!

    Alison, I just borrowed that from the library today. Will start reading it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you I love the Twilight books (although a little late starting them & 2 left to go!).
    I'm also a huge fan of all of Sophie Kinsella's books they so easy to read and really make me laugh out loud, but my favourte book would have to be A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. So well written, researched and a real page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two, not classics by any stretch of the imagination but I enjoyed reading them. After You'd Gone by Maggie O'Farrell and Whatever Love Means by David Baddiel. I've recently cleared out all of my books apart from these two so I can start building up my shelves again as I'd read everything before and they were the only ones I will read again.

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!