Friday, 30 April 2010

Warm Chorizo, Red Onion and Baby Potato Salad


On my quest to sex up my salads I discovered this beauty. I was Googling recipes for salads that included chorizo and potato and came across The Good Mood Food Blog - the website of Irish foodie blogger Donal Skehan which features this fantastic recipe for Warm Chorizo, Red Onion and Baby Potato Salad. Donal has created some gorgeous recipes and his own book Good Mood Food: Simple, Healthy, Home Cooking was published in 2009.

This salad was every bit as tasty as Donal said on his blog, we all really enjoyed it and I am sure we will make it many more times yet. I was also so pleased by simplicity of the recipe, yet it was so flavoursome. I'll definitely be trying out more of his recipes. The Aromatic Duck Salad looks gorgeous. Donal has got himself a new fan!

I have reproduced the recipe here but do also check out Donal's blog.

Warm Chorizo, Red Onion and Baby Potato Salad

Ingredients

Approximately 16 baby potatoes
300g chorizo, sliced
2 red onions, finely sliced
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft, when poked with a fork. Remove from the heat and drain.

Place a large frying pan over medium high heat and add the chorizo, you shouldn't need any oil. Fry the chorizo slices for 2-3 minutes until they are really red and crispy.

Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. With the back of a fork or a whisk, combine the chorizo and lemon juice. Add the red onion to the pan and stir through.

Finally, chop the potatoes into bite-size pieces and add to the pan gently tossing so that all the ingredients are combined. Season with sea salt and black pepper and serve warm as a tasty side dish.

It's a winning combination, potato and chorizo, and this salad does not disappoint.

It did however prompt me to start thinking about chorizo. Are you a peeler? Apparently not everyone peels the chorizo before they cook it, which did surprise me a little! I am a peeler, although I admit it's a real faff!

love & kisses
Mrs M x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that looks a good recipe... love chorizo!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!