Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Gleekery: Favourite Moments



Last night, I finally caught up with the last episode from the first half of Season 1 of Glee and what an episode. I will admit I blubbed, more than once. I thought I'd share with you here some of my favourite moments from the Season and if you like, you could share yours with me!

There were so many top moments like the Single Ladies routine, the episode with Defying Gravity, the Puck & Quinn food fight and when Finn told his mum about Quinn (sob, wail) but also...

Lean On Me - I liked the sentiment, especially at a time when things were very tough for Quinn and Finn. It was really well sung and I love singing along to this in the car!

Mr Schu singing "Gold Digger" - This was the defining moment when I fell in love with Mr Schu. I could watch it over and over...



Don't Rain On My Parade
- I love that Rachel got her big moment in the spotlight and she was tremendous. She really belted that one out, amazing performance.



Kristin Chenowith singing "Last Night" - As I am in the UK I'd never heard or seen Kristen before, but wow what a performer! I hear that she'll be making a Glee comeback, very excited to see her again.



Sue Sylvester visting her sister - That was an unexpected moment! It did in fact make me a bit teary, especially when they held hands.

Puck singing Sweet Caroline - Puck is gorgeous, need I say more? He made my heart melt!




Mr Schu singing "Don't Stand/Young Girl" to Rachel - I loved this scene because Emma was so doe-eyed and in a complete daze.

"My Life Would Suck Without You" - What a fabulous ending to the first half of the season! I loved the song and performance and more than anything I LOVED THAT KISS!!!



I really loved the "Sectionals" episode (not sure if it has pipped "Ballad" to be my favourite episode) but it was great, I loved the Emma stepped up to take the kids to Sectionals, I loved how she held up her mobile phone so Will could hear it, I loved how the Glee Club all came together to pick better songs, I loved seeing Emma in her bridal get-up - she makes a great bride and to end with that kiss was perfect.


I'm nervous now for the rest of the season as I am not sure what lies ahead. All the way through I was rooting for Will to find out about Terri, Finn to find out about Quinn, Sue Sylvester to get her comeuppance, Emma not to marry Ken and for Will & Emma to finally get it together and now that has all happened - what will I be rooting for in the next half?

Obviously Sue will come back fighting, I'd like to see Finn & Quinn back together and I'd like to see Terri trying to win her man back. I'd also like to see some of the other characters like Santana developed further. Only time will tell...and it's not long to wait! April 19th and Glee will be back on our screens, and don't forget Gleeks, the DVD "The Road to Sectionals" will be out in the shops on April 12th.

love & kisses
Mrs M x

6 comments:

  1. Yep, I agree with all of these - can't wait until April for the new episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel's "Don't Rain on My Parade" is one of the best television moments in the history of EVER. I can't count the number of times I've watched it. I'm so glad you don't have to wait long for the back 9!

    The DVDs are a must. The special feature with Principal Figgins alone is worth the price of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Sue Sylvester - she's such an amazingly written character. She's utterly mesmerising while being completely hateful at the same time. Brilliant!

    Oh, and I cried at the kiss too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God I loved all of those! But I think Rachel's Dont Rain on my Parade was awesome (wish I could sing like that!) and the Single Ladies routine was fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect blog post. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you all liked this post, there were so many other moments I could have included!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!